Sunday, October 30, 2011

What's happening in Stud-e Land, you ask?

The next steps on my project are pretty major.

First, I plan on pulling the seats out, getting rid of the floor covering and, slowly and painfully removing the tar-like anti-rust coating (it has hardened, so this will likely be done with a heat gun and a putty knife--I'll experiment to see if I can find something quicker, but I don't have much hope that it will be anything but a tedious job.) The goal of this is to find any spots that have rust through, or thin metal that needs to be replaced. My initial looks have revealed only one small area that needs to be patched, but I want to be sure; the only way I can do that is to get everything out of the way.

Once the seats are out of it, it becomes difficult to hop in and drive it in and out of the garage when I need the space for other projects, of course.  Since my current daily driver needs some attention (rear brakes and a non-functioning temperature sensor for the climate control) the Stude has been moved outside for a bit. It'll probably be another couple of weeks before I have time to work on it again, so I apologize if things are a bit boring around here in the meanwhile. I'm sure there will be something Studebaker related that I can post up here during that time, though.

If you just visit my site for the pictures, don't worry! I just got back from a few days in Nashville, where I visited the Lane Motor Museum. The Museum has a very nice collection of mostly imported automobiles. You can view my pictures here.  If you're not familiar with the Tatra, a Czechoslovakian car, I think you might be in for a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment