Saturday, December 6, 2014

Front Bits

Started off this morning inventorying all the parts I have since everything had been scattered between three different locations. It is easy enough to misplace something in such a situation.

After a few moments staring at the repair and parts manuals, I started to fit the front pieces together. Halfway through just resting the parts in place, I remembered to take a picture:

During this process, I found a little dent on the piece that crosses horizontally through the center, so I will need to repair that before I bolt anything in place.

And as you can tell from looking closely at the above picture, I have a lot more room to move the radiator upwards than I realized without having the fenders in place.

Hard to tell from this angle, but I've got a good 1 to 2 inches that I could move upwards. That much upward movement may even allow me to position the electric cooling fan behind the radiator which I'd prefer.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Back home

Well, she's back home in the garage with a fresh coating of epoxy primer. Overall, the body work is good. The panels are very straight and the gaps are good. But it definitely is a "we're stopping where we're at" job. There are a lot of sanding marks and other minor imperfections. At least it is protected.

My plans at this point are to finish installing all the sheet metal so I know exactly where I'm at in the project. Then I'll decide what to finish up myself and what to have done by whomever I find to paint it.

I also need to figure out how to resurrect a dead AGM battery.