|Not much of a car left|
The surprising thing was just how little time it took. Now I realize that having the fenders removed aided access--but only to the motor mounts. Of course not having the radiator surround and grill in place saved me from having to lift the motor higher than I would normally, and I did pull the transmission along with the engine. The majority of my time was spent figuring out how to remove the clutch linkage (it was actually easier than I was making it.) But a little under an hour later I'm sitting in my chair, drinking a cool beverage and posting this.
Not sure what my plans are for the old engine.
I'd like to keep it, eventually rebuilding it to my original plan (dual carbs, split exhaust, finned head) but we'll see. It would be a waste to just have it sit in the corner of the garage looking pretty if it could go to help keep another Studebaker on the road.