Sunday, October 20, 2013

A little this and that

Just a quick update: I'm still in waiting mode for a couple of things, but my short motor mounts and the remainder of the pieces I needed to bolt down my valve covers arrived, so I got those things taken care of this weekend.

I didn't take any pics of the motor mount install, but it was very simple--attach the engine hoist to the two forward most bolts on the intake manifold, remove the nuts on the mounts, raise the engine, remove the mounts, slide in the new ones, lower into place, tighten things back up. Pretty easy, and I'm very happy about the angle of the transmission now--it looks like I can get by with using a two-piece drive shaft so I won't have to remove that cross member.

New mount in place

Today, I had some chores to take care of around the house, but did have a chance to get those valve covers buttoned down. The breather caps are stock Studebaker, down to the STP stickers.

The engine is a little dusty from sitting so long, but I think it is looking pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment