Saturday, April 16, 2011

Saturday. A nice day for front brakes.

Making a little progress. Since the Turner disc brake conversion is well documented elsewhere on the net, I'll refrain from doing the step by step photos. But here's a nice little pic of where I'm at with things:

oooh! Shiny!
This morning I went to a local Studebaker Drivers' Club get together in nearby Albany, OR. Got to meet a bunch of great folks with some really nice Studebakers.

My father-in-law called tonight for an update, and jokingly reminded me that I'm not getting any younger and that I should probably get a move on with this thing and get it done. Apparently, my progress is not nearly fast enough for him.

But I do have a short term goal:


The body work might be incomplete and the interior might still be the same worn out stuff that is in it now, but I want to have it mechanically ready to roll for a nice drive come September.

It is good to have goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment