Monday, September 10, 2012

A New Home (for a bit)

My Studebaker, after a busy weekend of going over any little area that needed new metal after media blasting, was loaded onto the flatbed again and hauled the 5 blocks to the body shop. There it will have a couple areas repaired that I didn't have the equipment (or knowledge/skills) to do properly myself, followed up by block sanding and paint.

To do it correctly, they're going to reassemble the car to make sure all the body panels line up. After dropping off the car early this morning, I went to work--and they called to ask if I could bring in the hood hinges and the radiator surround. When I brought the parts in at lunch, they were already working on the small dent I wanted them to pull out of the panel at the rear of the trunk. I was very surprised (and happy) to see them start on it so soon--I expected to see it sit for a bit.




No comments:

Post a Comment