Friday, September 27, 2013

A Small Update

I'm waiting for a few more parts to arrive, but I haven't ignored the Stude completely. First, I finished mounting the power steering ram and the mounts for the anti-sway bars.

The sway bar is on the floor, so appears a bit small. I'm going to need a hand installing that.
Then I re-connected the brake pedal assembly and started to re-connect the clutch pedal, but since I'm not happy with the angle of the engine/transmission assembly and since I need to modify the inner mount against the new transmission, decided it is best to wait until I lower the front of the engine. So I'm ordering shorter motor mounts for the front. They should be on the way.

And, since I'm a bit closer and I found a 15% off sale, I ordered a new carburetor--an Edelbrock 1403, which is a good match for the size of my engine.


I've talked to the body shop, and I'll have it with me a while longer; the goal is to have it go into the body shop for a quick turn-around this time. So I'm going to get as much done as I can with the car during the time I have it until they have an opening. So more updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment