It was then that I discovered that while the front motor mounts had slipped into place, the studs on the rear mount (on the engine bell-housing) were still resting on top of the cross member. Ah, I figure, they're really close to the holes--I'll just grab the tail end of the transmission and wriggle them into place.
It wouldn't budge.
I discovered that the back of the transmission where the shifter connects was resting very, very firmly against the transmission tunnel. Easy enough to fix: I need to cut a hole out of the tunnel for the shifter anyway. So out with the cut-off discs.
This evening I finally got the engine and trans securely bolted in place. And since my new front shocks arrived, I went ahead and installed them.
|That's a shock in there. Honest.|
|Apologies for the blurry picture, but to be honest, it really isn't all that exciting.|
That's enough work for a Monday.