Sunday, January 19, 2014

A few odds and ends

I'm actually getting close to firing up the engine--and so it needs a few basic bits. This weekend, I added oil and oil filter, belts, spark plugs, coil, and spark plug wires. Doesn't seem like much, but it is starting to look a bit more complete.


Filling the crankcase is twice as fast with two inlets. I'm using Valvoline Racing Oil since it includes old levels of an additive, ZDDP, which is greatly reduced in oil for newer engines.

The coil is made by Mallory, and is a good match to the Mallory Unilite Ignition. I also added a filter (not shown) to protect the internal workings of the distributor. 

A little messy (I have to order some alignment clips for the wires) but they are now cut to length and installed. Fresh plugs were gapped to .035". Still need to figure out what I'm going to do for an air cleaner.



No comments:

Post a Comment