Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Dropping off stuff, ordering stuff...

Not much to show, but I haven't been idle this week. I dropped the gas tank, both of the 3-core radiators I've managed to collect, and both heater cores (in a Studebaker, the defroster is a separate core) at the radiator shop yesterday for testing, cleaning, and any necessary repairs. And today, I ordered the parts to complete the ignition system: an ignition coil, some fancy spark plug wires (recommended by the manufacturer of the aftermarket distributor) a ballast resistor, and an active power filter which, hopefully, will prevent a voltage spike from zapping the fancy ignition module inside that distributor.

And I ordered a new floor jack to replace the 10-year old one that had been leaking the last 2 years and finally got stuck in the "up" position.

I also bought a quart can of truck bed liner a few days ago, but I haven't done anything with it. Originally, I had planned to put on a tyvek suit and gloves and crawl under the car and roll on the bed liner on as a tough undercoating, but after thinking some more, I'm not sure I wouldn't be better off having it sprayed on--I think the coverage would be much better in those little nooks and crannies, and more even overall, if I paid someone to spray it on. Something to ponder for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment