Thursday, July 5, 2012

A day off, some primer, some talk. . .

Summer is well at hand, and my stud-e-project seems to have come to a crawl. I need to get things moving at a better pace or this thing is going to take years.

Okay, I know it is going to take years. But I want that to be, say, a couple, not closer to a decade.

To get things back on track, I took the day off and decided to go talk to a body shop that's only about 3 blocks from my house. This particular shop was recommended by a neighbor who has a classic car he restored a couple of years ago.

Long story short, I had a great conversation with the manager, got to see more of their work and got a very reasonable quote. I would've towed the car down there today but they don't do media blasting (which I need done to remove all those layers of paint.) However, he recommended a couple of local businesses who do; I've got calls in for estimates.

So we're moving along again--at least I feel that way.

Oh, and just to make myself feel better, I shot some metal-etching primer over the repairs I'd done to the fender. As I suspected, there are a couple of small places that I need to touch up--things that aren't noticeable until it gets some paint on it--but overall I'm pleased.

Hey, that sort of looks like a fender again!

No comments:

Post a Comment