Monday, July 2, 2012

Okay, okay. It isn't that bad.

I'll let you be the judge. Here's my freshly applied (and poorly done) filler:

I thought the two blobs of filler on either side of the picture were a nice touch.
And after a bit of sanding:

Note that overall, the filler is less than 1/16th of an inch thick.
Now if you look in the upper left hand corner of that last picture, you'll see an area that looks a bit like a tree. This is a high spot; I need to deal with this. The rest of the fender is looking very nice (I realize it looks a little ugly here, but it is quite smooth and level to the touch.) So a bit more work yet, but I'm seeing progress.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, the vent opening is square to the side of the fender. That's just the result of a weird camera angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment