Sunday, March 6, 2011

Nifty Find

Found this in the glove box:


Some interesting tidbits--the original warranty was 90 days or 4,000 miles, whichever came first. Nifty options available (at extra cost from your Studebaker dealer) included an Oil Filter (and nope, my car doesn't have one--yet) and, my favorite, a windshield washer system that consists of a bag, some tubing and nozzles and a rubber ball that is operated by pumping it with your foot. I gots to get me one of those!

About the only thing accomplished today was I put new wiper blade refills on it--the old ones were missing the rubber part entirely. The wipers are actually the optional two-speed electric (I was expecting vacuum wipers--it never rains in San Diego, right?) I didn't bother to take any pictures of that procedure--I'm sure you've seen that before. But I wanted to go ahead and put the wipers on it because they're small and I could see myself either losing a piece off of one of them or bending them--so best to put it on for now. Plus I got to test them--yup, they work just fine.

Also, the car had a visitor--my buddy Jon dropped by and sat behind the wheel (even fired her up) and poked around. His Triumph with straight pipes didn't even wake up my dogs--I'm going to have to have a long talk with them about their watchdog responsibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment