Thursday, March 3, 2011

You bought what? Confessions of a car slut

I'm a car guy.

I've owned more cars than I can count, but there's only a handful of cars I've owned that I really wanted. My dream cars. For the last decade or so I've been into Porsches--my favorites have been a 1969 911e (the favorite car I've owned so far and which I've most often regretted selling) and an 1987 944 turbo--a great all around car that I love to drive but find annoying to work on.

But since I was a teenager, I've had a soft spot in my heart for Studebakers. And none more than the 1953-54 coupes. So when a combination of events led to the chance for me to acquire a mostly rust-free and original 1953 Studebaker Starlight coupe, I jumped on it.

And so the fun begins. But first, some pictures!

Car at old home in San Diego

4-days later. That was fast! I wonder how much oil it dripped on that Acura?

This car hadn't been driven since 1994. Shipper is very brave driving this off the ramp



More to come!

1 comment:

  1. Just looking through your blog showing Megan pictures of your project. She wants to restore a "needle nose" Studebaker someday.

    I noticed in this post that your favorite, former dream car was a 1969 911e. Was that old brownie? If so, my dad will be happy to hear that it was loved.

    Dad just recently had some work done to his 1977 Black Targa. Apparently, he met a guy who does work on old Porches and actually knows what he's doing. It's currently running like a top, though I have yet to drive it. Probably for the best, actually...

    ReplyDelete