Thursday, March 31, 2011

Should I go to the Portland Swap Meet tomorrow?

I'll start by confessing that I hate crowds: the Portland Swap Meet is the largest in the Pacific NW.

I have all the parts (except for one little switch for the dash, which is available new cheap enough) for the heater/defroster.  The only option I'm still trying to source is the turn signal assembly.

Of course, I could use some better-looking chrome bits here and there and there's always the possibility that I'll stumble across a nice set of wheels (or some original wire-wheel covers that I think would look nice) or, even better, some of the speed bits I'm about to order for my engine.

But I hear there's typically not all that much Studebaker stuff there. And it is a 90 minute drive either direction.

Go or not go? Leave a comment with your vote.

1 comment: